Opera Out of Opera 2 (OOO2) is a cooperation project co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Commission. This second edition builds upon the results from Opera Out of Opera (2018-2020), arosing from the common need of partners to re-launch and make new, younger generations rediscover opera.
Aims and objectives
- Creating and testing a reduced and innovative opera format, consisting in a visually attractive and engaging performance, easily reproducible, able to attract and engage young audience;
- Developing an Audience Engagement Strategy, foreseeing a set of activities for actively involving the target groups since the very beginning of the project;
- Co-creating a highly innovative OPERAONLINE, able to reach / engage the publich both in presence and online, respecting covid-19 safety measures and bringing opera experience everywhere;
- Improving the existing interactive system (Smartphone app) to customize the fruition of the performance, educate the new comers through tailored contents and guiding them in understanding the performances;
- Conveying the project vision and results, also by fostering synergies and networking opportunities with EU initiatives and relevant stakeholders.
The project is coordinated by Conservatorio di Musica Santa Cecilia (Rome) and the following project partners:
- Mozarteum University Salzburg (Austria)
- Oslo National Academy of the Arts, The Academy of Opera (Norway)
- Stockholm University of the Arts – SKH (Sweden)
- Escola Superior de Música e Artes do Espetáculo do Porto (Portugal)
- Nova Opera (Ukraine)
- WallMuse (France)
- AP. Jeunesses Musicales Croatia HGM (Croatia) – Associate partner
- AEC – Association Européenne des Conservatoires (Belgium)